|Description: Green and black fur and velvet hat. Top of the crown is green artificial fur, sides of crown and brim of hat are black velvet. The velvet on brim has a design of diagonal seams. The front of the hat has a decorative piece made of 2 rabbit-like ears with green fur on the front and black velvet on the underside. They extend horizontally from the front of the hat. In the middle of the decorative piece is a brown marble designed plastic ring. The underside of the hat is made of black velvet, black material and white netting. |
Mrs. Jean Stager and her late husband Bill, moved to Lorne Park in 1952 and remained there for 43 years. In the mid 1990s they moved to Oakville but remained Charter Members of the Clarkson Road Presbyterian Church. While living in Lorne Park, Mrs. Stager worked on Home and School Society for Lorne Park Public School and was on the Auxiliary of the Mississauga Symphony. She worked as a Nurse at Mississauga Hospital but also for the Victoria Order of Nurses (VON) in Peel. These hats that she donated in the early 1980s, along with other items from this accession, belonged to her mother Mrs. Veitch and were kept in a trunk that was given Mrs. Stager.