|Description: A small ladies hat with a brim turned up so that it is vertical to the crown all the way around. The brim is cut lower at the sides and back than at the front. The crown slopes down toward the back and the inside of the hat is lined with dark brown material that is gathered near the centre top of the crown. |
Mrs. Jean Stager and her late husband Bill, moved to Lorne Park in 1952 and remained there for 43 years. In the mid 1990s they moved to Oakville but remained Charter Members of the Clarkson Road Presbyterian Church. While living in Lorne Park, Mrs. Stager worked on Home and School Society for Lorne Park Public School and was on the Auxiliary of the Mississauga Symphony. She worked as a Nurse at Mississauga Hospital but also for the Victoria Order of Nurses (VON) in Peel. These hats that she donated in the early 1980s, along with other items from this accession, belonged to her mother Mrs. Veitch and were kept in a trunk that was given to Mrs. Stager.