|Description: A decorative glass panel painting for a mirror. It has a reverse painting on the glass of a castle by a lake. The principal colours are green, grey, and blue. |
The painting was acquired by the donor in Prince Edward County, Ontario.
Margaret Helen Lawrence (née Gray) was born on June 18, 1914 in Toronto. She graduated as a dietician in 1938 and that same year married her husband Bill Lawrence. Bill and Margaret settled in Port Credit in 1950 and together raised four children; three boys and one girl. Between the years of 1962 and1964, Margaret served as Port Credit’s representative on the South Peel Board of Education. In 1968 she became the secretary for the Toronto Township Historical Foundation and remained a board member until 1988. Margaret was also an active member of the Mississauga South Historical Society and a volunteer for the Mormon Genealogical Library in Mississauga, she passed away on September 12, 1998.