Historic Images Gallery - New!
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1074 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Pulley
  View Full size image
Title: Pulley
Identifier: Pulley
Donor: Edward C. Norman
Item Date: 1920-1962
Creation Date: 2011
Location: Bradley Museum

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: A wooden block pulley that has a wooden wheel with an iron armature. Some orange paint splattered on the wheel. Wheel marked "Beatty P6."

This artifact was originally used on the Norman Farm, Erindale, in operation from 1920-1962. The donor, Edward C. Norman, assisted his father (Edward Henry Norman but known as Harry) who bought the farm in 1920 with his friend Walter after returning from WWI. The farm was 27 acres and was located on the south side of Dundas Street on the east side of the present day Woodchester Mall. The Normans were market farmers living off their crops which included some soft fruit, row crops, 1000 laying chickens and one cow. The Normans raised Leghorn and later Leghorn-Wyndotte cross hens and sold their eggs to local stores and drop in customers from Toronto. The farm was sold to United Lands Corporation in 1962. All items were used on the farm by the Normans. This pulley would have been used when unloading hay from the wagon into a loft.
Copyright: Museums of Mississauga
Rights & Permissions: Museums of Mississauga
Related Links:
   Museums of Mississauga Home Page
   Virtual Museum of Canada
   Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN)
pcomapp02:8850