|Description: A coloured photograph of five men standing and one woman sitting. The group is identified to be City of Mississauga employees from Recreation and Parks. From left to right is Lyle Love, Jerry Love, Ed Halliday, Jack Illing, Fred Smith and sitting in front is Ms. Win Whaley. The image may have taken place at a presentation as the men are all dressed in suits and ties. There is a white border around the photo. |
The Toronto Township Recreation Department was started in 1947 with G.H. 'Dusty' Miller serving as its first director. The department would eventually evolve to include parks development and maintenance. In 1957 there were 10 employees working in the department.