|Description: A small blue nylon centennial flag attached to a small wooden pole painted black. At the top of the pole, the wood has been carved into a round triangular shape. Printed on the flag is '1867 1967' and a maple leaf made out of white triangles. |
The flag came from Olga Tyne from the City of Mississauga. In 1967, all cities and towns across Canada celebrated the country's one hundred year birthday. Toronto Township initiated several celebrations including the official opening of the Bradley Museum.
Mrs. Olga Tyne was an employee for the City of Mississauga Recreation and Parks Department for 20 years, she retired in 1987. In 1975 she became the co-ordinator of community recreation and was responsible for the development of arts, youth and seniors programs in Mississauga. She also assisted in the planning and the development of the Mississauga Senior's Centre. And had a hand in creating the Mississauga Royal Flash Majorette Drum Corps and the Mississauga Gymnastic Club.
Centennial flag were introduced in 1967 to celebrate Canada's 100th anniversary as a country; they can come in colours of red, yellow, green, blue and purple.