Historic Images Gallery - New!
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 507 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
High Boy dresser
  View Full size image
Title: High Boy dresser
Identifier: 992.1.8
Donor: Collins Estate by way of W.C. Collins
Item Date: 1900-1950
Creation Date: 2011
Location: Bradley Museum

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: A wooden high boy dresser or chest of drawers with six drawers. Each drawer has two small round knobs used for pulling open the drawer.

Furniture may have been taken from Collins household living in Applewood acres.

Applewood Acres was a subdivision developed by Gordon S. Shipp by his company G.S. Shipp and Son Ltd. The subdivision was located south of the Queensway and north of QEW between Cawthra and Dixie Roads. The land was purchased from the farms of J.E. Whitehead's Breezy Brae farm, Stanley Josiak and Walter Death. Shipp named the area 'Applewood' because the land purchased was initially used for apple farming. (Information taken from 'Mississauga Places in Time' Mississauga Heritage Foundation Incorporated, 1997).
Copyright: Museums of Mississauga
Rights & Permissions: Museums of Mississauga
Related Links:
   Museums of Mississauga Home Page
   Virtual Museum of Canada
   Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN)
pcomapp01:8850