|Description: The gimlet has a wooden handle. The working end has a twist and worm construction. There is something is imprinted on the bottom of the handle. |
Gimlets are for boring small holes by hand pressure. This gimlet was donated by Thompson Adamson (1912-2001). Adamson was a descendant of Dr Joseph Adamson, a founder of St Peter's Church. Thompson's family farm was situated where the Erindale High School and the Police Station are today. He wrote several historical pieces such as _175 Years of History 1825-2000 St Peter's Anglican Church, Erindale_ (Erindale: St Peter's Anglican Church, 2000). Adamson was also Past President of the Mississauga South Historical Society and a member of the Streetsville Historical Society. He received several including the Provincial Award from the Ontario Heritage.
|Copyright: Museums of Mississauga|
|Rights & Permissions: Museums of Mississauga|