|Description: A colour photograph of the Go Train passing through the Clarkson Road North crossing. The train is painted green and white.|
GO transit was created in May of 1967 under its original name Government of Ontario Transit. The tracks that the Lakeshore GO train passes through in Clarkson has been owned by the CN railway company since 1923. The Clarkson GO station, along with other GO stations officially opened on May 23 of 1967. Previously there had been transit service to Toronto by way of the old Clarkson station at Clarkson Corners. (Information taken from Kathleen Hick's Clarkson book).
|Copyright: Museums of Mississauga|
|Rights & Permissions: Museums of Mississauga|