|Description: A colour photograph showing the front view of the Shoreacres building located at 972 Clarkson Road South. The structure is a two storey red brick farm house with a gable roof. The front porch is covered with its own roof and has four pillars in the front.|
Built in 1915 by farmer Gordon Pattinson as a residential structure, the building is a full two storeys in red brick with a gable roof. A porch crosses the front fašade and wraps around in a full round curve to the north fašade. The house is a good example of the vernacular farm houses of the late nineteenth century. Kay Pattinson, Gordon's daughter, inherited the house after his death in 1973 and remained there until 1985. The house was then sold to Shoreacres Property & Investments Ltd. The building is now used as an office space for Law Firm Garvey & Garvey LLP. The building is listed on the heritage register but it is not designated.
Information taken from the Property/Tax information database of the City of Mississauga.
|Copyright: Museums of Mississauga|
|Rights & Permissions: Museums of Mississauga|