|Description: A colour photograph showing the back view of the house located at 1404 Clarkson Road North. The top portion of the house is built from red/brown brick, while the lower portion is lighter in colour.|
This house was originally built in 1850 by Richard Proctor (1792-1862) who bought 80 acres of land at the north end of Lot 29, Con 2, SDS in Clarkson from Alexander and Amelia (nee Jarvis) Proudfoot. Richard married Elizabeth Anne Thomas (1807-1905) and raised their family in the house. One of their daughters, Elizabeth, married Hugh Cavan and they eventually lived in the same house and raised their eight children. According to the property and tax database a wing was attached to the original building sometime in the 1870s. The building is listed on the Heritage Register but is not designated.