Historic Images Gallery - New!
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 866 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Photograph - David Terry House: 1333 Clarkson Road North
  View Full size image
Title: Photograph - David Terry House: 1333 Clarkson Road North
Identifier: 2006.4.9.3
Donor: City of Mississauga
Item Date: 2000
Creation Date: 2012
Location: Bradley Museum

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: A colour photograph of the front of the David Terry House located at 1333 Clarkson Road North. The house is built from different colour bricks with green and white shades over the windows. There are pillars on the front porch and side entrance (?).

This house was originally built in 1928 by Arthur Durie and later in 1936 the property was purchased by David Terry (d. Oct 22 1980), son of Charles and Ellen Terry. David's widow Joy lived in the house until 1988.

David's parents, Charles and Ellen bought 50 acres of land in Clarkson in 1910 located between Fifth Line ( Southdown Road) and Clarkson Road. The main crops at the Terry farm were apples and strawberries. The Terry family are best known for their co-operation in charitable works done in Clarkson and particularly with the Clarkson - Lorne Park Women's Institute which held an annual "Strawberry Festival" at their farm every year.

Information taken from Kathleen Hick's book "Clarkson and it's Many Corners".
Copyright: Museums of Mississauga
Rights & Permissions: Museums of Mississauga
Related Links:
   Museums of Mississauga Home Page
   Virtual Museum of Canada
   Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN)
pcomapp01:8850