|Description: A colour photograph of the front exterior of The Barn Antiques located at 1675 Lakeshore Road West. The building has wooden planks running horizontally and vertically as well as around the windows and doors. In front of the building there are a couple of antique furniture pieces laid out. The wooden sign above the door reads "The Barn Fine Furniture and Antiques Owned & Operated by the Nook of Oakville".|
The building was already 100 years old when it was purchased and operated as the Clarkson Fruit Market. It was first moved to Lakeshore Road and Clarkson Road, then later to its present location at Lakeshore Road and Meadow Wood Road. In 1931 it was purchased by Grace Fairbairn who, with her sister, Agnes, operate it as Clarkson Market Antiques.
Information taken from Historic Image Gallery Database.