Historic Images Gallery - New!
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 812 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Photograph - 972 Clarkson Road South
  View Full size image
Title: Photograph - 972 Clarkson Road South
Identifier: 2006.4.9.11
Donor: City of Mississauga
Item Date: 2000
Creation Date: 2012
Location: Bradley Museum

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: A colour photograph of the front view of the Shoreacres building located at 972 Clarkson Road South. The structure is a two storey red brick farm house with a gable roof. The front porch is covered with its own roof and has four pillars in the front. A black and white sign hangs from the side of the porch and reads "Garvey & Garvey Barristers & Solicitors".

Built in 1915 by farmer Gordon Pattinson as a residential structure, the building is a full two storeys in red brick with a gable roof. A porch crosses the front facade and wraps around in a full round curve to the north facade. The house is a good example of the vernacular farm houses of the late nineteenth century. Kay Pattinson, Gordon's daughter, inherited the house after his death in 1973 and remained there until 1985. The house was then sold to Shoreacres Property & Investments Ltd. The building is now used as an office space for Law Firm Garvey & Garvey LLP. The building is listed on the heritage register but it is not designated. (Some information taken from City website under the Property/Tax information database)
Copyright: Museums of Mississauga
Rights & Permissions: Museums of Mississauga
Related Links:
   Museums of Mississauga Home Page
   Virtual Museum of Canada
   Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN)
pcomapp01:8851