Historic Images Gallery - New!
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 813 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Photograph - Adamson Estate
  View Full size image
Title: Photograph - Adamson Estate
Identifier: 2006.4.15.7
Donor: City of Mississauga
Item Date: 1992
Creation Date: 2012
Location: Bradley Museum

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: A colour photograph showing the front entrance to the Adamson Estate's main house. The building is of a Flemish style with cut stone gables; the exterior is white and grey stone and the roof is composed of reddish-brown tiles. The front entrance has 4 stone steps leading up glass double doors that have been painted in a light blue/green; the door also has a ramp with white railings that lead up to it on the side, located on the buildings left side. In this photograph the front entrance has yellow caution tape blocking the ground that leads up to the steps because the walkway was recently repaired.

Adamson Estate is located at 850 Enola Avenue and was built in 1920. The property is owned by the City of Mississauga and the building has been leased to the Royal Conservatory of Music since 1992, while the grounds remain a public park. It has been Heritage Designated since 1992.

The 10 acre property, previously known as the Adamson-Proteus Estate, was initially purchased by the Credit Valley Conservation Authority in mid 1970s from Anthony and Augusta Adamson. The City of Mississauga was to lease the property for $ 1.00 a year to the Mississauga Hospital Auxiliary, who were to use the estate to raise funds for the expansion of the Mississauga Hospital in 1979.
Copyright: Museums of Mississauga
Rights & Permissions: Museums of Mississauga
Related Links:
   Museums of Mississauga Home Page
   Virtual Museum of Canada
   Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN)
pcomapp01:8851