|Description: A black and white photo of a golf course. Golf course is tentatively identified as Lakeview Golf Course which is located at 1190 Dixie Road. The photo is covered with a thin sheet of paper on which is written "Photo A, Rec + Parks annual Report."|
The City of Mississauga's Recreation and Park department operates the Lakeview Golf Course which has been at the 1190 Dixie Road location since 1907. The course was designed by architect Herbert Strong. Originally the course was named High Park Golf Club, which was formed in 1896 and located along the west bank of Grenadier Pond in High Park. Due to development in the city of Toronto, the club moved to its present location in Toronto Township, and in 1912 the club's name changed to The Lakeview Golf and Country Club Limited.