|Description: Black and white glossy photo of Mayor McCallion (second from the proper right of the line) standing with five other men on a hockey rink. The Mayor is the only one out of all of them to be wearing skates. Behind them is another line of hockey players dressed in white jerseys and dark coloured pants. "NFFD" is printed on a diagonal on the front of their jerseys. There are spectators sitting and standing near the right wall.|
Organized hockey was first established in 1946 with the creation of The Toronto Township Hockey League (TTHL). The league included five different levels or divisions of play with games being played on outdoor rinks across the township. By 1967 there were four covered arenas used for the TTHL: these include Port Credit (1959), Dixie (1949), Huron Park (1967) and Streetsville (1962).
|Copyright: Museums of Mississauga |
|Rights & Permissions: Museums of Mississauga |