|Description: A blue silk taffeta dress with 7 round white pearl buttons down the front of the dress to the waist. Lace trim around the collar and the sleeves as well as on the waist and bustle. Dresses closes with hooks and has an inside lining of beige cotton. The dress has a floor length skirt that is longer in the back to form a train. Dress also has a detached bustle.|
Wedding gown is from Mrs. G. Dennys. The gown was worn in 1865 for the wedding of Dorcas Darley to John Adkins in Dunstable England. The gown was made in Paris, France at a cost of 50 guineas.
The donor was the organist of Alderwood Presbyterian Church and later went to St. Paul's in Long Branch.
|Copyright: Museums of Mississauga|
|Rights & Permissions: Museums of Mississauga|