|Description: White plastic cap on clear glass bottle. Written in white, on an upward angle is "Hooper's Pharmacy". Printed below it in capital letters "Prescriptions" and a phone number "278-4242". Below this, printed in capital letters is "Port Credit" with a picture in white of a mortar and pestle with "Rx" written on it. On the sides are measurements for liquids: cc's on the right side and ounces (?) on the left. " Z31V" is in raised letters above Hooper's Pharmacy. On the bottom, there is a square diamond and a circle with the numbers "11" and "229."|
Hooper's Pharmacy began in 1924 and was owned and operated by pharmacist Larry J. Hooper (1901-1977). The first pharmacy operated out of a small store, but in 1939 a new building was constructed for a new and bigger pharmacy at 100 Lakeshore Road East. After retirement in 1964 Larry sold his business and today it is owned by Richard Diniz. Hooper's pharmacy in Port Credit is now located at 88 Lakeshore Road East; the former building is now home to a fashion accessory store. (Information taken from Kathleen Hick's book 'Port Credit: Past to Present').