|Description: Colour photograph of Mayor McCallion and Mississauga Hockey League Board Members. Standing from left to right are: Merle Biggart, Fred Buchal, Mayor McCallion, Ed Armstrong and Fred Goldbeck. The group are all wearing Mississauga Hockey League jackets and are standing inside the Mayor's office at Old City Hall.|
Organized hockey was first established in 1946 with the creation of The Toronto Township Hockey League (TTHL). The league included five different levels or divisions of play with games being played on outdoor rinks across the township. Teams involved with the league included those from: Cooksville, Streetsville, Erindale, Clarkson, Lorne Park, Lakeview, Cloverleaf, Malton and Burnhamthorpe. The league's first president was Mr. Alf McCallum. In 1968 the league became the Mississauga Hockey League. By 1967 there were four covered arenas used for the TTHL: Port Credit (1959), Dixie (1949), Huron Park (1967) and Streetsville (1962).