|Description: A colour photograph of a hockey game at the Port Credit Arena between the NHL Oldtimers and a Mississauga hockey team. The NHL Oldtimers are wearing red and white hockey jerseys, while the Mississauga team are wearing yellow and green hockey jerseys.|
Organized hockey was first established in 1946 with the creation of The Toronto Township Hockey League (TTHL). The league included five different levels or divisions of play with games being played on outdoor rinks across the township. Teams involved with the league included those from: Cooksville, Streetsville, Erindale, Clarkson, Lorne Park, Lakeview, Cloverleaf, Malton and Burnhamthorpe. The league's first president was Mr. Alf McCallum. In 1968 the league became the Mississauga Hockey League. By 1967 there were four covered arenas used for the TTHL: Port Credit (1959), Dixie (1949), Huron Park (1967) and Streetsville (1962).
The NHL Oldtimers are retired NHL players that participated in various charity hockey games across communities in Canada; the players usually played against current NHL players, local community hockey teams, as well as local fire and police forces.