|Description: A colour photograph of Mayor Hazel McCallion dropping the puck at an unidentified hockey game. The Mayor is standing on centre ice and is wearing a brown jacket with red pants and is on skates; the chain-of-office is around her neck. The team standing to the Mayor's proper right is wearing a red, yellow and white uniform; while the team standing to the Mayor's proper left is wearing an orange, blue and white uniform.|
Organized hockey was first established in 1946 with the creation of The Toronto Township Hockey League (TTHL). The league included five different levels or divisions of play with games being played on outdoor rinks across the township. Teams involved with the league included those from: Cooksville, Streetsville, Erindale, Clarkson, Lorne Park, Lakeview, Cloverleaf, Malton and Burnhamthorpe. The league's first president was Mr. Alf McCallum. In 1968 the league became the Mississauga Hockey League. By 1967 there were four covered arenas used for the TTHL: Port Credit (1959), Dixie (1949), Huron Park (1967) and Streetsville (1962).