|Description: A black and white photograph with white borders. Photograph of members from the Society of Directors of Municipal Recreation of Ontario (SDMRO). Identified standing on the top are the following: Bob Davidson from Leaside, unknown man in the middle, and Bill Hare from Toronto Township. Seated on the bottom is Wendell Brewster of London, unknown man from London, and Ken Robinson of Peterborough. The people on the top corners of the photograph are not identified. All the men are wearing suits.|
According to Jerry Love, a former Recreation and Parks director, this organization was created to help develop recreation facilities in smaller communities that existed outside the City of Toronto.
The Toronto Township Recreation Department formed in 1947 and offered organized sports and recreation to residents. Jerry Love was hired in 1959 to organize sport clinics for youth in summer playgrounds across the township.
William Hare was also a director for the Toronto Township Recreation and Parks Department in the mid 1950s.