|Description: A large black and white photograph of members of the recreation committee having a meeting. Identified in the photograph from left to right is Frank McKechnie, councillor Joe Holmes, Bill Hare, Ed Fleming and Kay Willis.|
Six villages in Toronto Township amalgamated to form the Town of Mississauga on January 1st 1968. These villages included Meadowvale, Dixie, Clarkson, Malton, Cooksville, Erindale and Lakeview.
The Toronto Township Recreation Department formed in 1947 and offered organized sports and recreation to residents. Jerry Love was hired in 1959 to organize sport clinics for youth in summer playgrounds across the township.
William (Bill) Hare was also a director for the Toronto Township Recreation and Parks Department in the mid 1950s.