|Description: A pair of yellow gold filled knot earrings with 9K yellow gold wires. Three circles entwined together form the knot pattern. There is a gold wire attached to each which bends around and is clasped into a C shaped hook. |
These items were donated by Barbara Sayers Larson, the granddaughter of Arthur and Mary Harris of Benares. These items of jewellery are pieces handed down to her as gifts and through inheritances. The exact provenance of each piece is unknown as much of the jewellery in the Harris family came from Captain Harrises relatives in Scotland. The pieces may have also been passed down through Mary Magrath Harris or the Draper family who were connected to the Harrises through the marriage of Annie Harris to Beverly Sayers.
Small neat earrings were in fashion during the 1880's.
|Copyright: Museums of Mississauga|
|Rights & Permissions: Museums of Mississauga|