|Description: Large black and white photograph with thin white border. Photograph of a group of high school students participating in arts and crafts. The students are working with large blankets.|
The Toronto Township Recreation Commission partnered with local high schools to offer a variety of crafts and recreational activates to local residents.
The Toronto Township Recreation Department formed in 1947 and offered organized sports and recreation to residents. Jerry Love was hired in 1959 to organize sport clinics for youth in summer playgrounds across the township.
William (Bill) Hare was also a director for the Toronto Township Recreation and Parks Department in the mid 1950s.
|Copyright: Museums of Mississauga|
|Rights & Permissions: Museums of Mississauga|