|Description: A large black and white photograph with white borders. Photograph of a hydroelectric commission building in the Town of Mississauga. The building is surrounded by trees and blocked off with a wire fence.|
The Toronto Township Hydro Electric Commission was established in 1917 with Reeve David McCaugherty as Chairman. Mr. Reuben Lush and Mr. Frank J. Jackson served as Hydro Commissioners. The first building was located in Port Credit, then in 1924 it moved to Town Hall, Cooksville. In 1951, a one storey red brick building was erected at 2325 Hurontario Street. This building was torn down in the early 1980s and a new head office was constructed at 3240 Mavis Road. The Toronto Township Hydro Electric Commission is now referred to as Enersource Corporation and Enersource Hydro Mississauga.
This photograph is believed to be taken at the 2325 Hurontario Street location.
|Copyright: Museums of Mississauga |
|Rights & Permissions: Museums of Mississauaga|