|Description: A colour photograph of twin boys posing beside a clown inside a hockey rink. The boys are wearing helmets and are holding a blue banner with yellow lettering that reads "It's Twins! Erin Mills Twin Arena".|
Erin Mills Twin Arena opened in September (or October ?) of 1985 and cost the City $3.5 million dollars to construct. It is located on 3205 Unity Drive. The arena is home of the Erindale Hockey Association.
Organized hockey was first established in 1946 with the creation of The Toronto Township Hockey League (TTHL). The league included five different levels or divisions of play with games being played on outdoor rinks across the township. Teams involved with the league included those from: Cooksville, Streetsville, Erindale, Clarkson, Lorne Park, Lakeview, Cloverleaf, Malton and Burnhamthorpe. The league's first president was Mr. Alf McCallum. In 1968 the league became the Mississauga Hockey League. By 1967 there were four covered arenas used for the TTHL: Port Credit (1959), Dixie (1949), Huron Park (1967) and Streetsville (1962).