Historic Images Gallery - New!
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 948 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Photograph - Opening of Erin Mills Twin Arena
  View Full size image
Title: Photograph - Opening of Erin Mills Twin Arena
Identifier: 2006.4.81.1
Donor: City of Mississauga
Item Date: 1985
Creation Date: 2012
Location: Bradley Museum

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: A colour photograph of twin boys posing beside a clown inside a hockey rink. The boys are wearing helmets and are holding a blue banner with yellow lettering that reads "It's Twins! Erin Mills Twin Arena".

Erin Mills Twin Arena opened in September (or October ?) of 1985 and cost the City $3.5 million dollars to construct. It is located on 3205 Unity Drive. The arena is home of the Erindale Hockey Association.

Organized hockey was first established in 1946 with the creation of The Toronto Township Hockey League (TTHL). The league included five different levels or divisions of play with games being played on outdoor rinks across the township. Teams involved with the league included those from: Cooksville, Streetsville, Erindale, Clarkson, Lorne Park, Lakeview, Cloverleaf, Malton and Burnhamthorpe. The league's first president was Mr. Alf McCallum. In 1968 the league became the Mississauga Hockey League. By 1967 there were four covered arenas used for the TTHL: Port Credit (1959), Dixie (1949), Huron Park (1967) and Streetsville (1962).
Copyright: Museums of Mississauga
Rights & Permissions: Museums of Mississauga
Related Links:
   Museums of Mississauga Home Page
   Virtual Museum of Canada
   Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN)
pcomapp01:8850