Historic Images Gallery - New!
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1233 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
F981_7_1.jpg
  View Full size image
Title: Stencil
Identifier: 981.7.1
Donor: Ron Fisher from Douglass-Turney House
Item Date: 1900-1931
Image Creator: Museums of Mississauga
Creation Date: 2007
Location: Museums of Mississauga

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: A metal stencil that reads "Turney" There is white and blue paint on the right side. There are traces of blue paint on the back.

History: Mississauga was a major producer of fruit during much of the 20th century. Apples were a very successful crop for Mississauga farmers, especially in the Dixie area. A lasting testimony to this success can be found reflected in the many Mississauga street names connected to the apple such as Courtland Crescent, Orchard Road, Melton Drive, Duchess Drive, Greening Avenue, and Harvest Drive. The Douglass-Turney Farm was located in Streetsville on what is now Turney Drive ( formerly Concession 5). The house was demolished in 1981.
Copyright: Museums of Mississauga
Rights & Permissions: Museums of Mississauga
Related Links:
   Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN)
pcomapp02:8851