|Description: An 18 carat yellow gold hand engraved pocket watch. The watch has a design of scrolls at each end with a circular design of flowers in the centre. Engraved on the back of the watch is “Tissot & Sons, Geneva, Patent, Lever”. On the other side of the case is engraved “warranted 18K, 13307”. The face of the watch is white with black Roman numerals. There is a smaller circular second clock with the numbers 15, 20, 45 and 60. The watch is key wound and has a pin lever movement. |
History: Kathleen Agnes Sayers neé Colloton (1907 -1981) was the wife of Geoffrey Sayers. Kathleen, known as Kay, married Geoffrey in 1933 at St. Peter’s Anglican Church in Erindale. Kay and Geoffrey never had any children and were the last Harris relatives to live at Benares. This jewellery was part of Kay Sayers Estate and was donated by Geoffrey Sayers. Many of these pieces were originally from inheritances through the Harris and Draper families.