Historic Images Gallery - New!
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1156 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Ring
Identifier: 2005.1.20
Donor: Geoffrey Sayers
Item Date: c.1920
Image Creator: Museums of Mississauga
Creation Date: 2005
Location: Benares Historic House

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: A 14 carat yellow gold ring with a light purple faceted amethyst. The amethyst is set in an oval green gold foliated bezel (a rounded collar into which a gemstone is set). 14K is engraved on the inside of the ring along with a small clover with the letter m inside it.

History: Kathleen Agnes Sayers ne Colloton (1907 -1981) was the wife of Geoffrey Sayers. Kathleen, known as Kay, married Geoffrey in 1933 at St. Peters Anglican Church in Erindale. Kay and Geoffrey never had any children and were the last Harris relatives to live at Benares. This jewellery was part of Kay Sayers Estate and was donated by Geoffrey Sayers. Many of these pieces were originally from inheritances through the Harris and Draper families.
Copyright: Museums of Mississuaga
Rights & Permissions: Museums of Mississauga
pcomapp02:8850