|Description: A 14 carat yellow gold ring with a light purple faceted amethyst. The amethyst is set in an oval green gold foliated bezel (a rounded collar into which a gemstone is set). “14K” is engraved on the inside of the ring along with a small clover with the letter “m” inside it. |
History: Kathleen Agnes Sayers neé Colloton (1907 -1981) was the wife of Geoffrey Sayers. Kathleen, known as Kay, married Geoffrey in 1933 at St. Peter’s Anglican Church in Erindale. Kay and Geoffrey never had any children and were the last Harris relatives to live at Benares. This jewellery was part of Kay Sayers Estate and was donated by Geoffrey Sayers. Many of these pieces were originally from inheritances through the Harris and Draper families.