|Description: Black and white glossy photo of a group of women in front of the Township of Toronto’s Municipal Offices. Some of the women are talking to each other and the two in the front of the picture seem to be looking at something. In the foreground you can see part of the bas relief sculpture mounted on the outside wall near the entrance to the building.|
HISTORY:The Toronto Township municipal offices were located at 100 Dundas Street West, in the 'Confederation Square' building in Cooksville. The municipal office was designed by architect Gordon Adamson and cost over $ 200,000 dollars to build. The land that the building sat on was sold to the Toronto Township in 1872 by pioneer Jacob Cook for the cost of $5.00. In 1873 a small township hall was constructed on site. In 1953 a huge addition was added to the building and was officially opened on June 2nd.The sculpture mounted on the outside of the building was created by Toronto artist Cleve Horne. The sculpture features an outline of a family on top of a map of Toronto Township marked with various symbols.
|Copyright: Museums of Mississauga|
|Rights & Permissions: Museums of Mississauga|