A round honey tin with a press-on top. The top and base are unpainted. The sides are painted with a white background plus red and green. The main panel has a red oval reverse printed _PURE CANADIAN - HONEY - NET WEIGHT 4 POUNDS_. Below the red oval is a red-outlined oval for the bee-keepers stamp. On each side of the ovals is an illustration of clover; each has 3 blooms and 5 three leaf groupings. The bottom has 3 narrow green bands. The opposite side panel has the same design with French wording reverse printed in the red oval reading, _POIDS NET 4 LBS - MIEL - CANADIEN-PUR_. In black marker written on the top reads, _1.49_. Stamped in black on the side, _JOHN C. SPROULE, STREETSVILLE, ONT. WHITE NO. 1_.
John Sproule and his wife Avnell Scarff Sproule lived on the ‘Honey Farm’ that was located across the street from the Pinchin property; the pair sold honey from their apiary since 1943. The 1950s style bungalow is located at 4390 Mississauga Road. John provided honey for the Streetsville Bread and Honey Festival. His honey would be sold locally in Mississauga at such places as the Dixie Market located on highway 5, west of Dixie Road. Mr. Sproule was also a groundskeeper of Glenerin, now known as the Glenerin Inn. In 1932 Mr. Sproule took over as Estate Manager after the owner of the house, William Waston Evans, passed away. Mr. Sproule also helped out with the grounds of the ‘pioneer cemetery’ located at Mississauga Road and Dundas Street and was involved with the upkeep of Erindale Community Hall.