Historic Images Gallery - New!
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1381 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Visitors - Township of Toronto, Historical Coundation Inc.
  View Full size image
Title: Visitors - Township of Toronto, Historical Coundation Inc.
Identifier: 2008.1.6
Item Date: 1967
Image Creator: Museums of Mississauga
Creation Date: 2008
Location: Bradley Museum

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: A light brown leather guest book. Gold printing on the front reads "Visitors - Township of Toronto, Historical Foundation Inc." The book is filled with signatures of guests who attended the Centennial Opening of the Bradley House on June 11, 1967. The dedication inside reads: "Donor of the House, Mr Kenneth G. Armstrong, Clarkson, Ontario, in the, Township of Toronto, Centennial Opening, June 11th 1967". A brief history on the house is on the first two pages and the following pages contain the names and addresses of those attending.

HISTORY:Various museums were established in communities across Canada to mark the 100th Anniversary of Canada. The Toronto Township Historical Foundation opened up the Lewis Bradley Pioneer Museum in June of 1967.This guest book was from the opening of the Museum. Those in attendance include various dignitaries from the Toronto Township Council, local residents and those volunteers who were responsible for the restoration of the house.
Copyright: Museums of Mississauga
Rights & Permissions: Museums of Mississauga
Related Links:
   Virtual Museum of Canada
pcomapp02:8850