Historic Images Gallery - New!
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 839 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Photograph- Bradley House Parlour, Clarkson
  View Full size image
Title: Photograph- Bradley House Parlour, Clarkson
Identifier: 2008.1.13
Item Date: c.1977
Image Creator: Museums of Mississauga
Creation Date: 2008

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: A black and white photographic mounted on to a piece of white cardboard. Photograph shows the fireplace located inside the Bradley House parlour. A sampler is shown hanging above the fireplace mantle and there are two andirons and some wood located inside the fireplace. To the right of the photograph you see the entrance to the kitchen. The edges of the photograph has been darken in a way that the image shown looks to be contained in a circle. The actual size of the photograph is 17.25 cm high and 25 cm wide.

HISTORY:The Bradley Museum was the original homestead of Lewis and Elizabeth Bradley; they settled in the southern part of Toronto Township in 1810. There home was believed to have been constructed sometime in the 1830s with the help of the Bradley's seven children. The parlour, shown here, was a room located in the house that was used by the family on special occasions and only on Sundays. The room is were the children would sit to play with some toys and where the parents would read the bible.
Copyright: Museusm of Mississauga
Rights & Permissions: Museums of Mississauga
Related Links:
   Virtual Museum of Canada
pcomapp02:8851