Historic Images Gallery - New!
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 652 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Metal Stencil - "J. Turney"
Identifier: 981.7.2
Donor: Ron Fisher
Item Date: 1900-1930
Image Creator: Museums of Mississauga
Creation Date: 2006
Location: Bradley Museum

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: A metal stencil reads, 'J. Turney'. There are traces of grey paint on the front and traces of white and grey on the back. History: Mississauga was a major producer of fruit during much of the 20th century. Apples were a very successful crop for Mississauga farmers, especially in the Dixie area. A lasting testimony to this success can be found reflected in the many Mississauga street names connected to the apple such as Courtland Crescent, Orchard Road, Melton Drive, Duchess Drive, Greening Avenue, and Harvest Drive. The Douglass-Turney Farm was located in Streetsville on what is now Turney Drive (formerly Concession 5). The house was demolished in 1981.
Copyright: Museums of Mississauga
Rights & Permissions: Museums of Mississauga
Related Links:
   Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN)
pcomapp01:8850