Historic Images Gallery - New!
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 174 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Booties
Identifier: 2005.7.15
Donor: Mr. Don Herridge
Item Date: 1944-1945
Image Creator: Museums of Mississauga
Creation Date: 2006
Location: Bradley Museum

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Pink woollen baby booties that are hand knitted. There is a lacy design on the top of each booty and in the centre top of each foot. Pink satin ribbon is threaded through the holes in the lacy patter around the ankle. History: This item was donated by the Herridge family, long time residents of Mississauga and owners of Herridge Market on Southdown Road in Clarkson. Lloyd Coulson Herridge (1912-1988) and his wife Viola née Ehrhardt (1912-2004) had six children; Lois, Ross, Don, Bruce, Jim and Jane (Jane donated these items on behalf of her family). All members of the family worked at the market and it still continues to be a family run business with Don Herridge and his family now managing the market. Lloyd Herridge and all of his children attended Clarkson School on Clarkson Road South. This item was used by Jane Thompson née Herridge (1944- ) who now resides in Las Vegas and is the only sibling not living in the Region of Peel.
Copyright: Museums of Mississauga
Rights & Permissions: Museums of Mississauga
Related Links:
   Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN)
pcomapp02:8850