|Description: A clear glass bottle with a tubular tin screw cap. The tin cap contains the glue brush handle which is made of wood. The brush itself is missing. The top of the lid is painted red and has black and white writing stating "Carter's Cico, Pat'd June 6, 1916". The bottle has a paper label that is yellow, white, red and black. "CICO" is printed in large red capital letters inside a white rounded rectangle. "The New Liquid Paste, Best for Office and Home , The Carter's Ink Co." is also printed on the front label. " 5..5 fluid oz" and "Carter's no 724" is embossed on the bottle. The bottle is empty.
History: The Carter's Ink Company was founded in Boston, Massachusetts by John W. Carter in 1858. The company's main stay was ink but they also produced "Cico" paste and in the 1920's they manufactured fountain pens relying on the reputation of their ink. During the depression, competition and a diminishing market lead to the last fountain pen being produced in 1932. The company abandoned pen manufacturing and re-focused on ink and other related supplies. The Carter's Ink Company used cutting edge marketing in its heyday and the ink bottles, advertising signs and ephemera as well as the fountain pens themselves are considered highly collectible. The Carter's Ink Company name still survives under the parent company, Dennison.