Jarvis Family Gallery
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 13 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Obituary-
  View Full size image
Title: Obituary- "Lovely To The Last"- Charlotte Jarvis
Identifier: 2008.13.2
Item Date: 1927
Image Creator: Museums of Mississauga
Creation Date: 2008

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: A newspaper clipping commemorating Charlotte Jarvis (née Beaumonte). The article cites her many talents and beauty. According to the article, she studied at the Toronto Conservatory of Music and graduated with 1st Class Honours. In 1842, she wrote two poems that were published in the Daily Colonist. She wrote a tribute to General Lord Allenby when he visited Toronto, to which he replied personally. She married Edgar J. Jarvis in 1863 at St. James Cathedral. They had three sons and three daughters. The article is in two pieces and is held together by a piece of tape.

HISTORY:Clipping found with papers relating to the Jarvis family. The article mentions Edgar J. Jarvis (1835-). Edgar was one of twelve children born to Frederick Starr and Susan Jarvis (née Merigold). Frederick and Susan lived in a house they called Brunswick Farm, which was located on the north side of Lakeshore Road in Clarkson. Edgar John Jarvis was the youngest son of Frederick and Susan. He was known as a _builder of fine homes in Rosedale _ where he developed an exclusive residential community on land he purchased from his uncle, William Botsford Jarvis. Edgar married Charlotte Beaumont in 1863 and they had three sons and three daughters. Edgar built a family home called Glen Hurst in Rosedale in 1866. They later moved to a new home called Sylvan Tower in 1881.See: The Families of Merigold's Point by Dorothy L. Martin, 1984.
Copyright: Museums of Mississauga
Rights & Permissions: Museums of Mississauga
Related Links:
   Virtual Museum of Canada
pcomapp01:8851