|Description: A stamped silver brooch with a rectangular white chalcedony stone. The metal setting has foliated scrolls with visible claws that hold the stone in place. The center stone is slightly concave and is pierced in the central top where a flower with curling leaves and stem is attached. |
History: Kathleen Agnes Sayers neť Colloton (1907 -1981) was the wife of Geoffrey Sayers. Kathleen, known as Kay, married Geoffrey in 1933 at St. Peterís Anglican Church in Erindale. Kay and Geoffrey never had any children and were the last Harris relatives to live at Benares. This jewellery was part of Kay Sayers Estate and was donated by Geoffrey Sayers. Many of these pieces were originally from inheritances through the Harris and Draper families.