|Description: A black and white photograph of the interior of the Weaver Bros. Grocery Store. In the back right corner, the post office is visible. Some recognizable product names visible in the photograph are: Campbell's Soup, Kellogg's, Shreddies, Heinz, Coca Cola, Neilson's Ice Cream, Kik Cola, Wilson's Ginger Ales. The photograph has a white border. At the bottom right corner, 'Ames and Holtom' is signed, which was the photography studio. The back of the photograph has 'Weaver Bros., Lorne Park, Ont. November, 1948' typed across the top. Below, written in black ink, is 'Tom'. At the centre is a large red stamp, reading, 'COMMERCIAL PHOTOGRAPH. AMES AND HOLTOM. 544 BAYVIEW AVENUE, LEASIDE, ONT. FILE NO. 454-1. HU.8530'.|
History: Alfred Weaver owned and operated the General Store in Lorne Park, which he had bought from Clarence Albertson. The store was located on Lorne Park Road near the railway tracks. Alfred Weaver Sr. lived with his family beside the store. Alfred and his wife had 6 children. On 19 June 1930, Alfred Weaver Sr. became the full time Lorne Park postmaster. The post office was located in the back of his store. This was later moved once Lorne Park became a 'full-fledged post office". Alfred Sr. resigned as postmaster in 1948. Alfred Weaver Jr. assumed the Postmaster duties the next day. In 1953, the Lorne Park Post Office was built. A special celebration marked the opening of this post office. In May 1961, the post office was changed to a sub-office and the residents of Lorne Park now had to give their address as Port Credit.Alfred Jr. and Thomas Weaver owned and operated the Lorne Park General Store and Post Office under the name Weaver Bros. Ca. 1935. Thomas Weaver was the father of the donor, Dawna Courtney. Thomas and his wife had four children: Dawna, David, Dianna, and Tom. Dawna's mother never worked in the grocery store and was a house wife. Dawna remembers her dad as "being a very neat guy".In the 1960s, the Weaver's expanded their business. Construction was undertaken to make the store larger and there was a hardware store, pharmacy, grocery store and the post office. The people involved in the expansion were Thomas Weaver, Alfred Weaver Jr., Norm Bolton, and Mr. Ellis. They owned the operation up until 1968. Thomas Weaver died in 1998, and Alfred died in 1999.