|Description: Woman's beige straw hat made up of bands of woven straw that have been sewn together. A brown material has been sewn around the outer edge of the crown. A black elastic is used as a chin strap and a brim is sewn onto the crown. There is a small fold on left side of brim and a big brown bow is sewn partly on right brim and across the top of the crown. On the underside of the right brim is decorative flower made from brown material and green velvet. |
History: Mrs. Jean Stager and her late husband Bill, moved to Lorne Park in 1952 and remained there for 43 years. In the mid 1990s they moved to Oakville but remained Charter Members of the Clarkson Road Presbyterian Church. While living in Lorne Park, Mrs. Stager worked on Home and School Society for Lorne Park Public School and was on the Auxiliary of the Mississauga Symphony. She worked as a Nurse at Mississauga Hospital but also for the Victoria Order of Nurses (VON) in Peel. These hats that she donated in the early 1980s, along with other items from this accession, belonged to her mother Mrs. Veitch and were kept in a trunk that was given Mrs. Stager.