|Description: Composition doll painted white with ankle socks and black shoes. Head made out of porcelain with brown hair and yellow bow on the right side. b) White underwear, boxer style c) yellow dress, bodice sewn to give smocked effect, multicoloured thread sewn at bottom and bow of same thread at neck. The neck has a yellow ribbon sewn around. |
History: Mrs. Jean Stager and her late husband Bill, moved to Lorne Park in 1952 and remained there for 43 years. In the mid 1990s they moved to Oakville but remained Charter Members of the Clarkson Road Presbyterian Church. While living in Lorne Park, Mrs. Stager worked on Home and School Society for Lorne Park Public School and was on the Auxiliary of the Mississauga Symphony. She worked as a Nurse at Mississauga Hospital but also for the Victoria Order of Nurses (VON) in Peel. These hats that she donated in the early 1980s, along with other items from this accession, belonged to her mother Mrs. Veitch and were kept in a trunk that was given Mrs. Stager.