|Description: A plate with pink lustre painted on a white body. Pink lustre bands are interspersed with hand-painted floral decoration in pink luster and polychrome. |
This plate was donated by Margaret Helen Lawrence (nee Gray). Margaret was born on June 18, 1914 in Toronto. She graduated as a dietician in 1938 and that same year married her husband Bill Lawrence. Bill and Margaret settled in Port Credit in 1950 and together raised four children; three boys and one girl. Between the years of 1962 and1964, Margaret served as Port Credit’s representative on the South Peel Board of Education. In 1968 she became the secretary for the Toronto Township Historical Foundation and remained a board member until 1988. Margaret was also an active member of the Mississauga South Historical Society and a volunteer for the Mormon Genealogical Library in Mississauga, she passed away on September 12, 1998.