|Description: Brass screw back earrings with black glass beads and printed miniatures of a woman. The miniatures are of head and shoulder view of a woman with loose hair looking to one side with a light pink and white dress. The background is black. These ovals are surrounded by a foliated design and three inset small black beads. There are three black beads on each earring with two that hang down and one that is at the top. |
History: Kathleen Agnes Sayers neť Colloton (1907-1981) was the wife of Geoffrey Sayers. Kathleen, known as Kay, married Geoffrey in 1933 at St. Peterís Anglican Church in Erindale. Kay and Geoffrey never had any children and were the last Harris relatives to live at Benares.
This jewellery was part of Kay Sayers Estate and was donated by Geoffrey Sayers. Many of these pieces were originally from inheritances through the Harris and Draper families.