City Hall
Discover Mississauga
Services Online
Help & Feedback
City Home Page - Old VersionHome CalendarAlert BulletinCity AlertsGeneral InformationGet Involved With Local Government
Most Requested Pages
2015 Street Guide Available
Find any Mississauga street using the Street Guide
Buy the 2015 Street Guide ($15.00) from our eCity store or from two of our City locations. Phone 905-615-3200 ext. 3347 for more information.
  Street Guide
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
How would I go about changing my address?
First, you must own the property. If you are purchasing a house and the deal has not closed, the City of Mississauga cannot change your address.

Second, contact the Transportation and Works Geomatics Section at (905) 615-3200 ext 5158 or e-mail Geomatics.Counter@mississauga.ca to see what other addresses are available. The City will only consider changes which fit within our current numbering policies. If a new civic address is available, you will receive a confirmation letter reserving that address for you.

Third, write a letter addressed to the Supervisor of Geomatics Maintenance stating :
  • That the person writing the letter is the property owner.
  • The current address and the address that has been reserved for you.
  • The reason for the change.
Fourth, payment options:

  • Mail a Certified Cheque (payable to The City of Mississauga) along with your request letter and a copy of the confirmation letter to the Supervisor of Geomatics Maintenance at the address below.
  • Bring your request letter and confirmation letter to Transportation and Works Customer Service Counter. Methods of payment: cash, certified cheque (payable to The City of Mississauga), debit or credit card. Please note that the Counter will not accept cheques that are not certified.

Transportation and Works Customer Service Counter
3185 Mavis Road, First Floor
Mississauga ON
L5C 1T7
Hours of operation 8:30 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday

For the current fee for an address change, consult www.mississauga.ca/portal/cityhall/bylaws and look under "Fees and Charges: Transportation and Works" for Change of Address Requests. Please note that the HST must be added to this fee.

Within three business days, the City of Mississauga will change the address in our databases and notify all utilities and services including emergency services and Canada Post. You are responsible for changing your driverís licence and notifying all others affected. The City will send you an official letter confirming the address change.
Related FAQ's
What is the area of the City?
How do I pay for my Access Modification Permit?
What standards do you take into considerations when reviewing an Access Modification Permit applic
Who can I call regarding property assessment? How is my assessment determined?
Does the City recognize special Wedding Anniversaries or Birthdays?
Do I need a permit to have the curb/culvert modified to accommodate a wider driveway?
Do I need a permit to widen my driveway?
What steps do I take for having my curb modified in conjunction with the Cityís road resurfacing p
Can I modify a curb or culvert myself or have my contractor do the work?
Where can I get a recycling container?
When will the Access Modification work be done?
Who do I call to get a City tree inspected/planted/removed?
My street light is burnt out, where do I call to have it replaced?
How wide can my driveway be?
How long will the process to review an application for an Access Modification Permit take?
Are there limitations regarding the width of the curb cut or culvert extension?
What are my street number, number suffix, street type, municipal number or civic number?
What is the population of the City of Mississauga?
How much will it cost to cut my curb or extend my culvert?
I have been advised that my street will be resurfaced - can I have my curb modified at the same ti
How and where do I apply for a curb cut or a culvert extension?
My street has only six houses on it. Why do I have a 4-digit municipal address?
I would like to check a municipal address. Is there a way to do this on line?
I don't like my current municipal address. Can I change it?
I require a municipal address for a new building. How do I get one?
How would I go about changing my address?
I own a lot that fronts onto two streets. Can I change the address from one street to the other?
Do I need permission from the City to assign unit numbers within a building that I own?
Why is my condominium townhouse address different from the unit number in my legal description?
I have a question about my municipal address that is not covered here. Who can I call?
Who can I call about a barking dog?
Who is responsible for picking up after dogs?
32 Items found.

More FAQ's: