COVID-19: latest updates on the City's response and service impacts
Most Requested Pages
2019 Street Guide Available
Find any Mississauga street using the Street Guide
Buy the 2019 Street Guide ($15.75) from our eCity store or from two of our City locations. Phone 905-615-3200 ext. 3347 for more information.
  Street Guide
Search Library Catalogue
Bookshelves at Central Library Photo
Search our online Library catalogue.
  Direct Link to the Catalogue
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
I require a municipal address for a new building. How do I get one?

To obtain a municipal address for a new building you must follow three steps:

First, contact the City of Mississauga's Geospatial Solutions section at (905) 615-3200 ext. 5158. You may be requested to provide a simple site plan showing the relationship between the main entrance of the new building and the street. (Note that addresses are assigned in such a way as to speed emergency response to a building.) A new civic address will be reserved for you and you will receive a confirmation letter.

Second, find the current fee for a new municipal address, by consulting and looking under "Fees and Charges: General Fees" for New Municipal Addresses. Current fees are for single detached units. A sliding scale is applied for condominium, industrial and commercial applications. Please note that the HST must be added to these fees.

Third, payment options:

  1. Mail a Certified Cheque (payable to The City of Mississauga) along with your request and a copy of the confirmation letter to the Supervisor of Data Management at the address  below


  1. Bring your confirmation letter to Transportation and Works Customer Service Counter. Methods of payment:  cash, certified cheque (payable to The City of Mississauga), debit or credit card. Please note that the Counter will not accept cheques that are not certified.

Transportation and Works Customer Service Counter
3185 Mavis Road, First Floor
Mississauga ON
L5C 1T7
Hours of operation 8:30 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday

Once payment has been processed, the new address will be entered into the City databases and notifications will be sent to you and to all appropriate utilities and services including Canada Post and emergency services.

Related FAQ's
What are my street number, number suffix, street type, municipal number or civic number?
What is the area of the City?
Does the City recognize special Wedding Anniversaries or Birthdays?
Who do I call to get a City tree inspected/planted/removed?
My street light is burnt out, where do I call to have it replaced?
What is the population of the City of Mississauga?
Who can I call regarding property assessment? How is my assessment determined?
My street has only six houses on it. Why do I have a 4-digit municipal address?
I would like to check a municipal address. Is there a way to do this on line?
I don't like my current municipal address. Can I change it?
I require a municipal address for a new building. How do I get one?
How would I go about changing my address?
I own a lot that fronts onto two streets. Can I change the address from one street to the other?
Do I need permission from the City to assign unit numbers within a building that I own?
Why is my condominium townhouse address different from the unit number in my legal description?
I have a question about my municipal address that is not covered here. Who can I call?
16 Items found.

More FAQ's: