Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 2019 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Franklin House, Streetsville
  View Full size image
Title: Franklin House, Streetsville
Identifier: L622
Date of Original Photo: 1982
Date Built: ca 1855
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Streetsville (Mississauga)
Location: 263-265 Queen Street South, pt. Lot 3 W 1/2, Conc 4 WHS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 263-265 Queen Street South. Conc 4 WHS, pt. Lot 3 W¿. Built ca 1855, possibly by William Graydon for Peter Douglass. Sold in 1859 to Bennet Franklin, a partner in Barber Brothers Toronto Woollen Mills. In 1910, under new ownership, the name was changed to the Queen’s Hotel. It ceased to operate as a hotel with the enforcement of the Canada Temperance Act, but continued to be used for commercial purposes. Designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act and protected by a heritage easement. Description as of January 2011.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851